GC/ID: UnLock the True Power of GC/MS
GC/ID is an advanced, vendor agnostic software solution that enhances the performance of your GC/MS library search and compound identification process. It is designed to validate the search results automatically, resulting in dramatically improved ID accuracy and efficiency. With GC/ID, you can expect a more streamlined and accurate workflow, leading to rapid and confident outcomes in your research and analysis.DEMO YOUR DATA
Experience the speed and efficiency of GC/ID for all your compound analysis needs
View our latest Press Release Introducing GC/ID 5.0!
Improve efficiency and save time for science with GC/ID, a powerful and fully automated application that provides quick and accurate identification, confirmation, and quantitation of both Target and unknown compounds.
Challenges with Library Search
Despite its huge popularity, library search results are often ambiguous and in some instances can fail to produce any useful results. This is due to several reasons, including unresolved chromatographic peaks (mixtures), column bleed and background interferences, the spectral similarity of closely related compounds, or the absence of the compound in the library. As a result, it’s essential to explore alternative search strategies to ensure you get the results you’re looking for rapidly and with confidence.
Built in Analytical Expertise
Confident Unknown ID typically requires a high degree of user expertise and can be tedious and time-consuming. Typical tools available to the analyst to address these challenges include:
GC/ID is the only processing software that incorporates “Composite Scoring” in a fully automated system that is fast and easy to use, turning every analyst into an expert. The results are processed and presented in a way that enables any analyst to review and interpret runs in minutes instead of hours.
Unlock the full potential of your spectral analysis with GC/ID. Our advanced technology performs deconvolution and accurately identifies the peaks present. With Cerno’s “Magic Highlighter,” you can easily color-code your compounds and obtain a clear visual representation of your data. The IS, surrogate, and target compounds are highlighted in a vibrant green color and prepended with a prefix. Don’t settle for less – choose GC/ID for reliable and precise results.
Cerno has developed patented, innovative technologies that uniquely enable GC/ID to provide the most advanced and reliable solution to GC/MS unknown identification and quantification. To learn more, click on the links below.
Auto RI – Full Retention Index calibration without standards!
Accurate Mass – The power of accurate mass formula ID for your quadupole GC/MS
“Full Spectrum” Deconvolution – A more robust and quantitively accurate deconvolution solution
Magic Highlighter – Color Coded Confidence indicators accelerates the review process
- Read our poster presentation from Pittcon2018
- Check out our literature GC/ID 4.0 brochure. New brochure coming soon!
- Watch the March 2022 Webinar to learn and see the software in action!
Features and Benefits at a Glance
|Compatible with all GC/MS systems
|Uses industry-standard NIST library search
|Used for automatic match quality check and mixture detection
|Retention Index (RI) Match
|Confirms correct compound, eliminates incorrect matches
|Auto or External RI Calibration
|Easy and flexible RI calibration with or without standards
|Accurate Mass Formula Confirmation
|Additional compound confirmation, aids to ID compounds not in library
|Full Spectrum Deconvolution
|Minimizes false spectral matches and resolves co-eluting compounds not solvable via traditional methods
|Combines all the above metrics to identify the “True” answer
|Easily create hyperlinked PDF reports or directly paste to Excel
|Custom LIMS Report
|Powerful python scripting allows for easy and flexible LIMS integration
|Customizable Python script can customize the product to your needs
Discover how our advanced GC/ID technology helped a leading non-profit water testing lab in analyzing extractables and leachables in their samples. This facility provides testing and certification for a wide variety of products including food, components of drinking water systems, water filters, commercial foodservice equipment, bottled water and nutritional supplements.
Explore our technology’s benefits for your laboratory with our successful case study. Our innovative solution not only streamlined their workflow and saved them time and money, but also produced highly accurate results. Learn more about this successful case study and the benefits of our technology for your laboratory.
National Water Testing Lab
Average 8,000 Samples Annually and Manually
A national water testing facility on average, processed 7-8,000 samples a year, which was a manually intensive process, requiring highly skilled domain experience. The analysts must know chromatography and mass spectrometry extremely well and understand the chemistry involved. All samples require extensive evaluation and throughput is slow.
Testing Drinking Water Equipment
There were two primary drinking water standards: Standard 60 and Standard 61. While both standards use the same analysis, Standard 61 specifically focuses on extractables and leachables.
Water system components undergo conditioning for several days as per Standard 61. After that, they are exposed to the test water, which is collected and then tested for a variety of target compounds. The samples are also analyzed using a modified version of EPA 625 through GCMS scans for unknown and tentatively identified compounds.
- 7-8,000 samples evaluated annually by a team of 3-4 scientists
- The established workflow was tedious, with analysts manually combing through spectra and chromatograms, evaluating every chromatographic peak individually. One by one
- “Dirty” samples could sometimes take hours or even days to process, with hundreds of unknown peaks
- Reviewing complex matrices for co-elutions or other chromatographic interferences required intensively trained analysts and lengthy data review
- Once identified, quantitation was also tedious and manual
- Report generation and LIMS integration were done with a complex Excel macro that was difficult to maintain
- Delays created long sample backlogs.
- Average sample processing time estimated at 30-40 minutes
- Limited staff available
- Years of highly skilled training required
- Difficult and costly to replace staff
- Process could not be implemented in other labs/regions
- Assignments often required judgment calls based on skill and experience
Time Savings, Workflow Automation, Confident Results
GC/ID Version 5.0 Solution
The new GC/ID platform has made the process faster, saving time, skilled resources, and removed our backlog. Pre and postprocessing eliminates the manual elements of the process and presents only relevant information to the analyst. Most of the analyses can be performed by chemists with less rigorous training, allowing specialists to focus on difficult/complex matrices..
- GC/ID chosen as the vendor-neutral platform
- Compatible with all commercial GC/MS systems
- Fully automates peak deconvolution and quantitation
- Provides superior identification confidence by combining library search, retention index (RI), and accurate mass validation in an automated full-run analysis
- Modern Python scripting allowed for fast and easy NSF specified customizations to be delivered ahead of schedule
- Samples processed as they are run. No backlog
- Complex samples processed within 3-4 hours instead of days
- With automatic deconvolution and composite scoring, the report is 90% done by the time the analyst reviews it
- Estimate half of the samples run are clean. 80% have three or four TICs. These can be evaluated instantly by analysts with less training
- Dirty samples still require work, using GC/ID will identify what’s captured; it will take just minutes.
Unlock the full potential of GC/ID software today by scheduling a demo and witness how this cutting-edge technology can revolutionize your workflow and improve your results.