Cerno publishes award-winning mass spectrometry calibration and analysis software which not only enables formula determination at unit mass resolution (single or triple quad) with 100x improvement in mass accuracy (CLIPS), a capability typically reserved only for HiRes MS systems, but also improves formula ID at HiRes by 20x through the Spectral Accuracy concept (sCLIPS). These dramatic results are enabled through the patented TrueCal™ calibration process and validated by hundreds of publications and thousands or satisfied users across the world.
For unit resolution quadrupoles:
- 100x better mass accuracy
- up to 99.9% Spectral Accuracy
- Confident elemental composition determination
- Mixture deconvolution for isotope analysis and large molecule degredation
For high resolution TOF, Orbitrap, FT ICR:
- Self-calibrates peak shape without standards for exact isotope modeling
- Eliminates 95-99% of incorrect formulas with high spectral accuracy
- Quantitative measurements for biologics degradation analysis
MassWorks TrueCal™ calibration technology provides advantages for both high and low resolution instruments. The above left figure shows an almost perfect match (Spectral Accuracy) between a calibrated single quad and the corresponding “True” calculated MS using the CLIPS search. The figure on the right shows excellent spectral accuracy match for confident formula ID on a high resolution TOF instrument using sCLIPS search.
Proper mass spec calibration also means that complex mixture deconvolution of overlapping and interfering ions is easy and provides the most accurate quantitative results. The top figure shows the accurate quantitative analysis of 7 component mixture of a C13 radio labeled pharmacutical using a quadrupole instrument. The bottom figure shows the ability to detect and deconvolve modified products (glycan conjugates 0 – 10) of a large molecule intact protein (by Maldi) (see ASMS poster). This type of analysis is not possible by other means!
GC/ID is a fully automated compound identification application that offers new levels of accuracy and confidence in GC/MS qualitative analysis. Based on the powerful new MassWorks Rx configurable platform, GC/ID offers powerful new capabilities to GC/MS including:
- Deconvolves unresolved peaks with 10x the sensitivity of conventional methods
- Accurate mass search of NIST libraries with retention time index
- Molecular ion and mass fragment formula ID for unknown compound ID
- Report generation and LIMS integration
Learn more about GC/ID here.
The software that started it all…
With over a dozen patents and 1000’s of users, the award winning MassWorks established the performance benchmark for “True” mass spec calibration. MassWorks is a Windows based desktop software that works with most MS vendor instruments by directly reading the data files making the powerful calibration and analysis technologies available to both nominal and high resolution instruments. Learn more about it here.
- "The accurate mass profile extract ion chromatogram (AMPXIC) obtained through accurate mass measurement and isotope profile-mode filtering [performed with MassWorks] eliminated the false positive peaks observed using conventional XIC in the metabolite profile." - Click here to read full presentationWyeth ResearchM.Zhang,M.Gu,N.Kagen ASMS2008
- "The program is very easy to learn, it literally took minutes to get the first exciting results. On our 10 year-old triple quad, we manage to achieve mass accuracies of 10 ppm or better, routinely! It has become an integral part of our characterization pipeline for newly synthesized compounds."University of ViennaDr. Alexander Leitner
- "Congratulations!! Once more I are am deeply impressed by sClips. In both cases you are right with the top no. 1 [formula]!! Additionally, I find it fantastic that you do not need a calibration standard for higher resolving mass specs, by “just” looking at the isotope signals."- Communication from blind sample evaluation on a Leco LC-TOFUniversität Hohenheim, GermanyProf. Dr. Wolfgang Schwack
- "Starting a little bit "speechless" from our side your Presentation helped really changing our mindset, from "unbelieving" into "believer". After this Test with a sample taken from real life with real interferences my colleagues and I fully agree that MassWorks is indeed a powerful tool for advanced GC/MS analysis. We found that MassWorks is really a "must have" product for us..."Researcher from a large German chemical company
- "The ability to provide the elemental identification of unknown compounds on a routine basis by any scientist is now within one's reach." - Click here to read full presentationEli LillyJ.Mick,T.Gillespie ASMS2007
- "Your software [MassWorks] continues to amaze. Your first candidate is indeed the unknown -- atranorin [LC/MS]. I'd like to get the software that works with both our Shimadzu GC-single quad and our Shimadzu LC-triple quad."Oberlin CollegeDr. Robert Thompson