Cerno develops and publishes award-winning mass spectrometry calibration and analysis software which not only enables formula determination at unit mass resolution (single or triple quad) with 100x improvement in mass accuracy (CLIPS), a capability typically reserved only for HiRes MS systems, but also improves formula ID at HiRes by 20x through the Spectral Accuracy concept (sCLIPS). These dramatic results are enabled through the patented TrueCal™ calibration process and validated by hundreds of publications and thousands or satisfied users across the world.
For unit resolution quadrupoles:
- 100x better mass accuracy
- up to 99.9% Spectral Accuracy
- Confident elemental composition determination
- Mixture deconvolution for isotope analysis and large molecule degredation
For high resolution TOF, Orbitrap, FT ICR:
- Self-calibrates peak shape without standards for exact isotope modeling
- Eliminates 95-99% of incorrect formulas with high spectral accuracy
- Quantitative measurements for biologics degradation analysis
MassWorks TrueCal™ calibration technology provides advantages for both high and low resolution instruments. The above left figure shows an almost perfect match (Spectral Accuracy) between a calibrated single quad and the corresponding “True” calculated MS using the CLIPS search. The figure on the right shows excellent spectral accuracy match for confident formula ID on a high resolution TOF instrument using sCLIPS search.
Proper mass spec calibration also means that complex mixture deconvolution of overlapping and interfering ions is easy and provides the most accurate quantitative results. The top figure shows the accurate quantitative analysis of 7 component mixture of a C13 radio labeled pharmacutical using a quadrupole instrument. The bottom figure shows the ability to detect and deconvolve modified products (glycan conjugates 0 – 10) of a large molecule intact protein (by Maldi) (see ASMS poster). This type of analysis is not possible by other means!
Powerful GC/MS Analysis Software
GC/ID is a fully automated compound identification application that offers new levels of accuracy and confidence in GC/MS qualitative and semi-quantitative analysis. Based on the new MassWorks Rx configurable platform, GC/ID offers powerful new capabilities to GC/MS including:
- Uses the industry standard NIST search engine
- Retention Index (RI) matching provides unsurpassed unknown ID confidence
- Molecular ion and mass fragment formula ID for unknown compound formula ID
- Magic Highlighter indicates at a glance the correct match by combining search, RI, and formula ID
Learn more about GC/ID here.
The software that started it all…
With over a dozen patents and 1000’s of users, the award winning MassWorks established the performance benchmark for “True” mass spec calibration. MassWorks is a Windows based desktop software that works with most MS vendor instruments by directly reading the data files making the powerful calibration and analysis technologies available to both nominal and high resolution instruments. Learn more about it here.
Cerno is an authorized distributor of NIST and Wiley MS libraries and MS software
Get your MS libraries for use with MassWorks Rx GC/ID or stand alone for any MS system. In addition to EI data libraries are available for MS/MS instruments. Most libraries also include extensive meta data including retention time index (used automatically by GC/ID), and chemical structures.
Cerno Introduces SAMMI
Cerno calibration technology provides a new innovative approach to large molecule analysis for peptides, proteins, oligonucleotides, and any multiply charged molecule. Read more about SAMMI.
New! GC/ID™ 4.0!
Riding on the success of V3 with groundbreaking features including Auto RI™ and Magic Highlighter™, V4 adds revolutionary SMD peak deconvolution along with a host of improvements and upgrades. To learn more about GC/ID check out the brochure or watch the March 22 Webinar.
Watch C&EN Webinar on GC/MS Automated Retention Index
MassWorks Version 6.1 has been released!
Read all About it.
Cerno is an authorized distributor of all NIST and Wiley MS libraries making over 1,000,000 unique compounds available at great prices! Contact us for a quote for new libraries or upgrades. New! NIST20 is now available in Agilent PBM format.
View are recent mini-webinar Series:
Mass Spectral Accuracy: What is it, and Why is it so Important?
Improving and Automating GC/MS Compound ID on Quadruple MS using Accurate Mass, Spectral Accuracy, Retention Index, and Conventional Search
Differentiating the Loss of 43Da EI Fragments (C3H7 or CH3C=O) with Single Quad GC/MS
- "The program is very easy to learn, it literally took minutes to get the first exciting results. On our 10 year-old triple quad, we manage to achieve mass accuracies of 10 ppm or better, routinely! It has become an integral part of our characterization pipeline for newly synthesized compounds."University of ViennaDr. Alexander Leitner
- "Your software [MassWorks] continues to amaze. Your first candidate is indeed the unknown -- atranorin [LC/MS]. I'd like to get the software that works with both our Shimadzu GC-single quad and our Shimadzu LC-triple quad."Oberlin CollegeDr. Robert Thompson
- "Determining the elemental composition of pure materials at modest resolution typical of quads has never been routinely practiced – CLIPS brings that task very close to practice for the general user. It is not too much of a stretch to suggest CLIPS will enhance the confidence of TOF-based assignments as well, which may even challenge slower FTMS-based determinations."User at a large midwest consumer products company
- "The use of exact isotope modeling [with MassWorks] is key to unique formula ID [with FT-ICR] and profile mode peakshape calibration is needed to achieve the required Spectral Accuracy." - Click here to read full presentationBoehringer IngelheimS.Pennino,F.Qiu,Y.Wang ASMS2008
- "With PFTBA calibration performed to each GC/MS run, mass accuracy better than 10mDa can be achieved and Spectral Accuracy of better than 99% can be achieved to help attain reliable formula determination. The mass calibration is stable after 11 days without significantly compromising formula determination. While mass calibration is more susceptible to time related variations, the Spectral Accuracy has been shown to be robust enough for formula determination after 19 days." -Click here to read full presentationBoehringer IngelheimJ.Mullis,F.Qiu,Y.Wang ASMS2008
- "Congratulations!! Once more I are am deeply impressed by sClips. In both cases you are right with the top no. 1 [formula]!! Additionally, I find it fantastic that you do not need a calibration standard for higher resolving mass specs, by “just” looking at the isotope signals."- Communication from blind sample evaluation on a Leco LC-TOFUniversität Hohenheim, GermanyProf. Dr. Wolfgang Schwack